1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.
I love to read and do needlework and learning new crafts. I also enjoy baking.
2. When and why did you start writing books?
I fell in love with romance novels when I was 12 and submitted my first query to Harlequin at 13. Of course, it was rejected. What did I know about love at 13? I've written other genres along the way, but I always loved writing happily ever afters.
3. What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?
I've had a whole cast of characters running around my head for years. About six year ago I decided it was past time to get them on the page and share them with the world.
4. Which one of your books or characters is your favourite?
That's a hard question to answer. Right now, my favorite character is probably Delilah Derringer. She's the heroine in Bootleg Love Affair, but we first meet her in Second Chance Option. She's a take no prisoners kind of woman who covers up a big marshmallow heart with a brash exterior.
5. Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?
Romancing the Receiver probably stretched me the most. Ben Coleman was a challenge to write because I wanted to make sure that I did him justice and didn't fall back in to stereotypes while telling his story.
6. Who is your favourite author and book?
How can I choose? I have so many favorites. If I'm forced to pick one, I'm going to say Nora Roberts/JD Robb (I get two for the price of one). Naked in Death, book 1 in the In Death series, is one of my absolute favorite books. It's the beginning of an amazing series and really starts out with a bang.
7. What book are you reading right now?
I'm reading Wired for Joy by Laurel Mellin. It's all about how we are wired to handle stress and joy and goes through the tools we need to be wired more for joy.
8. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
Everywhere. Sometimes it's a character in a movie, or another book. Sometimes it's an interesting historical fact or current event. I try to stay open to inspiration all the time, even in my dreams.
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Other than my hobbies (reading, crafts, baking), I enjoy television and movies. I also enjoy traveling, when I can.
10. Do you have any new books in the works?
Absolutely. Season 1 of my series, Gridiron Knights, is out in the world. It takes place in a town called King's Folly and I am currently working on a series of romance novels following the lives of several residents of King's Folly and detailing their happy endings.