Clair Allbright Author

Member Since: 10/2022


Whatever you spend on Clair’s books, almost 70% is donated, to assist those affected by war, oppression, disasters, and climate change.

She is uplifted by the way most people love and care for one another and other living creatures in day-to-day life and in crises.

Clair believes in true love, because she experiences it and is fascinated by the way people meet, fall in love, and decide to spend the rest of their lives together.

She publishes eBooks to save trees.

After the publishers get 30% for their work, and some taxes are deducted, everything goes to help others.

Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.

We live in a small Australian town where we let dandelions grow on our lawn because the yellow flowers are bright and cheerful.

When and why did you start writing books?

Since I could hold a pencil. My parents told me wonderful stories when I was a child. They would change their voices to match the characters. The stories as well as the company were special times for me. I wanted to repay them by telling them stories, too.

What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?

It is not a career, I simply realized recently that all the stories lying about could be a source of donations for those who require help. The war in Ukraine, climate change, disasters and oppression made me feel I wanted to do something. I can't run marathons and my cakes always flop, but I love to write. All profits from all sales go to help various causes. For example, Jessica's Journey is written about and for people who have breast cancer. However, the book is primarily about a relationship, and the hero also has things to overcome. Cancer doesn't occur in a vacuum. It occurs within the context of the person's life and affects more than just the person. Amazon receives 30%, and the remaining 70%, after tax, goes to help others.

Which one of your books or characters is your favourite?

Whichever one I am busy with at the time. None of my characters are perfect, they all have their flaws, and sometimes I wish they could instantly change and become better people, but we all take our time to grow, which is what is so exciting about being human. I admire my characters' strengths and feel affection for their weaknesses and struggles. A number of my protagonists have physical and/ or psychological disabilities, and I admire how they deal with them.

Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?

Split Apart. Apartheid and trauma are difficult to write about, though I hope there are enough sections to make you smile as well.

Who is your favourite author and book?

Jude Devereaux. I enjoyed her two summerhouse novels. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone could go back in time to correct something they regret doing or travel a different path? Though we could find that we miss the things and people we have in our lives now, perhaps because of some of the errors.

What book are you reading right now?

Nothing at present, regrettably. My side table is filling up with delightful books I can't wait to read, but I am determined to get all the stories lying around my house ready for publication, particularly the pre-published ones, which have deadlines.

Where do you get your inspiration for your books?

Small, intriguing events, such as a laugh or a smile or a tear. The way people interact with one another. I admire how efficient people are in their work. Sometimes I dream stories. I wake up and wonder where the story could have come from, because it is not like the books I am currently reading. It seems to come from nowhere. Or somewhere deep inside me. In the dreams the characters speak in different accents. Love is my biggest inspiration. I think it is synonymous with life and truly believe it is the answer to all problems,

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

I love spending time with close friends and family, going to new places, and also having quiet times, in our home, garden, or some peaceful place in nature.

Do you have any new books in the works?

A great deal. I hope to publish approximately twenty books during this and the coming year. Please buy them. I placed thirteen books for sale in Amazon since September. Please buy them. If you aren't a love story reader, buy some for friends or family. It would be a loving gift, and a donation as well. They are my project for having something to donate to make the world a happier place. And I hope the books will give you a time out from your work and responsibilities, to relax and smile.