1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.
When I'm not writing, I spend time with my hubby on our boat. I also read, ghost hunt, and go to Northern Michigan to visit friends when I have the time.
2. When and why did you start writing books?
I started writing in earnest about 10 years ago, but I've always written in some form or another. I started writing when I was very young. My great-aunt was a college English professor and she made me fall in love with words. After years of ghost hunting, one of my friends urged me to write down a lot of my experiences, and the rest, as they say, is history.
3. What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?
Actually I just kind of fell into it. Being an introvert, I love being home and don't mind spending a lot of time by myself. After my first book was published, I just kept going.
4. Which one of your books or characters is your favourite?
It's hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to, I'd say Is Your House Haunted?. it was just years of knowledge and experience with ghost hunting pouring out of me and onto the pages.
5. Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?
The hardest book I wrote was one that isn't released yet, called Legacy of Blood. It is a Zoey Callaway mystery. The plot was complicated, and it took a lot of mental gymnastics to stay one step ahead of my character.
6. Who is your favourite author and book?
Wow, there's so many authors I love. I would say one of my favorites is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Hound of the Baskervilles. It just captured my imagination in a way few books can.
7. What book are you reading right now?
I'm reading an Agatha Christie Book Club book.
8. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
Inspiration comes from everywhere. A snippet of conversation in a restaurant, interesting and/or offbeat news articles. One time I was out on the boat and it was a gorgeous day. My hubby and I tracked down a new weather buoy that had been activated and when we got to the location, my first reaction was, "Wow, this is a great place to dump a body!" Ah, the imagination of a writer.
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I love to watch TV, but don't get to do it as much as I would like. I enjoy spending time with friends and family, ghost hunting and hiking.
10. Do you have any new books in the works?
Yes! Legacy of Blood will be released in December. Erebus will be released sometime this year. It's a book about a hellhound. I'm also working on the 3rd Zoey Callaway Mystery, and the second book in the Erebus series.