1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.
I love to learn, and then teach what I learn. So, I'm constantly learning and absorbing new information that I can use in my counseling work. I also love to eat! Going out to eat especially. :-) I come from a big family, and so traveling to spend time with loved ones is another favorite of mine.
2. When and why did you start writing books?
I am not kidding when I say that I have been writing books since grade school. I remember my third grade teacher telling me to come back and visit her when I am a "famous author one day." Well, the famous part - not so much, but she was right about the author thing!
3. What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?
I am a therapist by trade, but writing is my greatest passion. I wish I could make a full-time living writing stories, but then again, maybe that would take the fun right out of it!
4. Which one of your books or characters is your favourite?
5. Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?
Certainly my latest book was the hardest. It was personal and revealing, and not only did I share my deepest insecurities with the world, but the book also covered my extra marital affair. I made the decision to share because as a counselor, I know that I am not alone in my world of indignity. We do things for a reason. There's a need we're trying to meet, and sometimes we need to stop and ask ourselves why we do the things we do.
6. Who is your favourite author and book?
7. What book are you reading right now?
8. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I love nature! Being outdoors....strolling through a park, camping in the woods, even just looking out a window and marveling at Mother Nature!
10. Do you have any new books in the works?