1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.
I was born in Boston but grew up in Houston. I graduated from the University of Miami with a degree in vocal performance. I obviously like singing, playing the piano, gaming, reading, hiking and hanging with my friends.
2. When and why did you start writing books?
I started writing back in 2012. I had this really cool idea for a story and some of the guys I worked with at the time were about to start writing a comic series. I told them my idea and they asked me to help out. One of the guys moved away but I still wanted to write, so I bought a laptop and started my novel.
3. What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?
I've always enjoyed writing but never thought I could make a living from it. I always have these ideas floating around in my noggin' and want to get them out there for others to enjoy.
4. Which one of your books or characters is your favourite?
I like Sora the most as he starts off as this really goofy kid who is completely clueless. But he turns into this confident and smart man that is always there for his family and friends.
5. Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?
The last book of the series was the hardest. I knew where I wanted the story to go but getting there was really hard.
6. Who is your favourite author and book?
Stephen King is my idle and his book The Talisman is my favorite book.
7. What book are you reading right now?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
8. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
I watch a lot of anime and things dealing with fantasy. I have my entire life. It shapes my craft.
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
10. Do you have any new books in the works?
I'm working on a continuation of the series. Two books in the works for that.