1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.
I'm a mother of four, a Mimi to two beautiful little girls, and a proud Army veteran wife. Some people aren't lucky enough to meet their heroes. I married mine. One of my favorite things to do is be outdoors, especially in the summer. I'm also into astrology (Sagittarius here), tarot cards, and oracle cards.
2. When and why did you start writing books?
I started writing poetry first, around the age of eleven, when we began studying Edgar Allan Poe in school. When I hit thirteen, I tried my hand at writing. I did this off and on for the next twenty years, but then I decided I wanted to share my stories with others. My first novel began because of the song, Angel by Aerosmith.
3. What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?
I wouldn't say I've reached a career level with my writing yet, but I hope to someday. Writing keeps me sane, and I can't imagine not doing it.
4. Which one of your books or characters is your favourite?
Layne Perry from my Soulmate series. He's the loudest voice in my head and he's also my alter ego.
5. Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?
Heartstrings. The main character, Jo, not only suffers from amnesia but also depression. As someone who suffers from depression and anxiety, it was hard writing this book because when I got into the character's head, I felt myself slipping into my own darkness, and it was hard to pull myself out of it. I did eventually and I finished the book, but it was a rough road to travel. Still, I consider Heartstrings some of my best writing.
6. Who is your favourite author and book?
I don't have one favorite. There are many authors and books I enjoy, such as J. R. R. Tolkien, PC Cast, and Stephen King to name a few.
7. What book are you reading right now?
I've been reading a lot of non-fiction at the moment, so nothing super exciting unless you're into marketing.
8. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
Music. When I listen to it, a scene plays inside my head like a movie. These scenes turn into scenes for my books.
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Spare time? What is that? lol. I do read, listen to music, and exercise when I get a free moment. I'm also into a game called Cornhole. It's similar to Horseshoes, but less dangerous, lol.
10. Do you have any new books in the works?
I'm currently working on the last book in my Soulmate series. After that, I have several projects waiting for my attention. I'm focusing on finishing some series, but I do have a new series in the works.