1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.
I love to write. It's my recreation and passion.
2. When and why did you start writing books?
I started aggressively writing fifteen years ago.
3. What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?
It's my secondary career. I have a day job. Supporting yourself by writing is a difficult task, especially with a primary job. Artists must always learn to wait tables if you plan on paying the mortgage.
4. Which one of your books or characters is your favourite?
I love Nick Winston. He's drop-dead gorgeous and has a smart-ass mouth on him that you learn to love.
5. Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?
Phoenix was my first book and the hardest. It's an apocalyptic book about Iran nuking the United States. I had to do tons of research on weapons and how the US reacts when it's under nuclear attack. It was intensive research and long before all you had to do was Google a subject.
6. Who is your favourite author and book?
Mary Stewart's series on the Arthurian legend are my all-time favorites.The first is the Crystal Cave. I've read the series of four books at least three times.
7. What book are you reading right now?
Search for Power by Cindy Davis.
8. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
It's just magic. And that's the truth. This stuff pours out of my head and down through my fingers.
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Well, there isn't much of that exactly. I work full-time for the federal government, and am still guiding my grandson through school. Plus, I have a cat and dog that crave constant attention. There's not much me time.
10. Do you have any new books in the works?
I am doing a book online through a podcast called Deadly Match on my website KellyMarshallBooks.com. Once, I am done with that project, I will write the mystery in book form and self-publish it.