1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.
I am a divorce attorney in Illinois and Wisconsin. Due to the nature and intensity of my work, I'm a workaholic by necessity, not by choice. My dream job is being retired. When I'm not working, I enjoy spending quality time with my German Shepard (Athena), trying new restaurants, and driving fast sports cars (within the confines of legal speed limits of course - legal disclaimer).
2. When and why did you start writing books?
I wrote my first book while in college. I suppose the reason I love writing is that I am an introvert at heart but have a lot to share. It’s fun being able to communicate with such a large audience from a controlled environment.
3. What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?
For me, writing is not a career, it's a hobby. It's something that I do for fun as being a lawyer is my full-time gig.
4. Which one of your books or characters is your favourite?
I'm really proud of my last book, "How to Divorce a Narcissist and Win". I believe it has the potential to help people find comfort during an otherwise stressful time.
5. Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?
I would also say "How to Divorce a Narcissist and Win". In order to walk the reader through what it is like to deal with a narcissist, to some extent, I have to generalize. Not everyone's story and interpretation are going to be the same, but I am trying to appeal to a wide audience. I was trying to write something that would be applicable generally and yet be so specific that the reader could relate and feel as though it was written just for them.
6. Who is your favourite author and book?
7. What book are you reading right now?
Case law citing a certain provision of the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act. Boring. I know.
8. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
Through my work as an attorney. In family law, truth is often stranger and more interesting than fiction.
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Wait... You already asked me this question. See Response #1 :)
10. Do you have any new books in the works?
Not at the moment. My last book came out this week. Time to enjoy the release a bit before turning to the next one.