1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.
I am a die hard fan of Denver sports teams: Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche and Nuggets. I also am the Executive Producer of the Colorado Buffaloes football radio broadcasts. Outside of sports I love spending time with my kids; enjoying various activities such as swimming and taking walks to the playground. We are zoo members and love going there as a family. When I do have alone time, it's usually reading all kinds of genres, both fiction and non-fiction, or playing video games.
2. When and why did you start writing books?
I started writing for fun. I have a journalism degree but ended up in radio as a career. I love writing and trying my hand at fiction seemed like a fun way to get into that.
3. What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?
For me it's more of a fun side project. It's not meant to be a career change unless it really takes off.
4. Which one of your books or characters is your favourite?
I've only written one so far but it's a labor of love. I feel very emotionally connected to it as a work.
5. Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?
6. Who is your favourite author and book?
Sphere by Michael Crichton is my favorite book of all-time. I also love most of John Grisham's books and of course the Harry Potter series. For non-fiction, it's anything about my Broncos.
7. What book are you reading right now?
"Commander in Cheat" by Rick Reilly.
8. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
Things I've experienced in life or things I enjoy
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Any available time is generally hanging out with my wife and kids and doing whatever they want to do. It's the time with them that's important. If I'm picking, I'm going to a ballgame, reading or playing video games.
10. Do you have any new books in the works?
Unknown. If my first book is successful I have a few ideas in my head.