1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.
I am an American Expatriate residing in the Philippines. I retired there after 24 years of active military service and 6 years as a private defense contractor. Most of my career was spent in the Middle East. My hobbies are graphic arts, yoga, and MMA. My interests are writing and metaphysics.
2. When and why did you start writing books?
I started writing professionally back in 2017. Mostly I started writing as part of my Spiritual Awakening. It was a way for me to express a lot of what I was going through at the time.
3. What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?
Well being retired left me with a lot of time on my hands, and I thought perhaps my stories would enrich other people, so I gave it a shot.
4. Which one of your books or characters is your favourite?
That's a tough question. All of the characters represent something about me or about people who I am very close to. Probably I would say Amra Raynecksdottir from The Jarl's Shadow is my current favorite because I can appreciate her struggle to hold on to her humanity.
5. Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?
Certainly The Jarl's Shadow because the protagonist was modeled after someone who was very special in my life. I had to face a lot of inner demons to write about her.
6. Who is your favourite author and book?
It's a toss up between Louis Lamoure (Bendigo Shafter) and R.A. Salvatore (The Dark Elf Trilogy).
7. What book are you reading right now?
Egregores: The Occult Entities that Watch over Humanity by Mark Stavish.
8. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
I believe that it comes through me from something greater than myself. A Higher Power if you will. When I write, it just seems to flow out of me. I feel often as though I am speaking with the characters. We have dialogue and I am merely chronicling their adventures.
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I practice yoga daily. I also do a lot of study in the Occult, Metaphysics, Paganism, and Heathenism.
10. Do you have any new books in the works?
I have two in work right now. The Hammer of The Bear which is the 3rd in the series after A GAME OF GODS, and the Jarl's Shadow. The other one is Conversations With My Demons which is a collaborative effort between me and my mentor Angela Kable.