The Anxious Teenager: Guiding teens through anxiety, depression and the universal addiction to faster living
(Please be sure to check book prices before buying as prices are subject to change)
2.8 million teenagers have had at least one major depressive episode in their lives. Is your child one of them?
Have you noticed that your kid is always angry or frustrated, even over small matters?
Have they lost interest or stopped making an effort to communicate with you or their friends?
Are they tired all the time, yet insomniac and always agitated and restless?
If you've answered "yes" to any of those questions, then you may be dealing with a depressed and/or anxious teen.
Between trying to establish an identity, become more independent, discover their sexuality, take more social risks, and even experiment with alcohol and drugs, this period in your teen's life comes at a high emotional and mental cost.
But behind all the natural turmoil of the teenage years may hide a bigger and more treacherous problem that, if left unresolved, can lead to devastating consequences.
It may seem overwhelming at first, but you need to know that it's not at all uncommon.
In fact, 1 in every 7 teenagers suffers from depression at some point in their lives before turning 18, while anxiety is the most prevalent mental health condition in the world.
It is heartbreaking to know that your child is dealing with such a serious mental illness, and yet the pain isn't theirs alone to bear.
As a parent, even you may have already paid a hefty price with both your mental and emotional health and may still find yourself confused and sometimes helpless.
However, with a little perseverance, there's a lot you can do to help.
It starts by becoming the support they need, acquiring the right kind of knowledge and skills to help them transition out of their depression and into a healthier, happier life.
In The Anxious Teenager, you will discover:
- How to pinpoint the true symptoms of depression and anxiety, so you can tell the difference between normal teenage behavior and behavior caused by a mental health condition
- The crucial changes you need to adopt in your everyday life to help make your teen's depression and anxiety less overwhelming for both you and them
- Key strategies to become the safe space your kid needs, allowing them to trust you and open up to you more easily
- How to become less judgmental in order to communicate with your teen gently and kindly, providing the structure and support they need during these difficult times
- The #1 mistake parents with depressed children make that can make or break your relationship with your depressed teen
- How to guide your teen through new ways of thinking and behaving, offering them all the tools they need to break free from the clutches of depression and anxiety
- Bonus: How to help your depressed teen transition more smoothly into the "new normal," as well as strategies to help ease the pain of their mental illness from the confines of your home
And much more.
It can be difficult to tell if a teen's behavior is normal, or if it's caused by depression and anxiety. With the right guidance, however, this can become much easier.
Being your child's primary caregiver, you possess within you the power to make a difference in their lives -- use this knowledge to give your teen the best life ahead of them.
If you want to help your teenager transition smoothly out of their depression and anxiety, then scroll up and click the “Add to Cart” button right now.
- ASIN: B09HMYWW4K
- ISBN: 979-8461069865